Speaker Series and Nature Book Club
Both of these programs require advance registration which can be done online at: www.OregonRidgeNaureCenter.WildApricot.org
The Speakers Series programs are held at 7:00 p.m. on the third Monday of January, March, April, May, September, October and November. Our speakers give presentations on a wide range of nature related subjects. These talks are Free and either take place online via zoom or in-person at the Nature Center (check the program descriptions for details).
The Nature Book Club meets on Mondays 8 times a year at 7:00 p.m. The schedule for the year and choice of books to be read and discussed are set by club members in the Fall. This is a Free program and will either take place online via zoom or in-person. Weather permitting, we will use a pavilion for a safe in-person gathering.
If you would like to speak or have a suggestion for an interesting speaker please contact the Nature Center via email at email@example.com.
ORNC Council Speaker Series
- 1/17/22 Wild, Wacky and Wonderful Wasps; Kerry Wixted
- 3/21/22 Diet and Food Waste; Dr. Sara Via
- 4/25/22 Lawn Alternatives; Sara Yosua
- 6/6/22 Nature Informed Therapy; Zoe Jack
Nature Book Club
- 1/24/22 Pilgrim at Tinker Creek; Annie Dillard
- 3/7/22 World of Wonders; Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- 4/11/22 Lab Girl; Hope Jahren
- 5/23/22 I Contain Multitudes; Ed Yong
- 7/11/22 Owls Of the Eastern Ice; Jonathan Slaght
- 8/22/22 The Story of the Earth in 25 Rocks; Donald Prothero
- 10/3/22 The Wild Places; Robert Macfarlane
If you would like to speak or have a suggestion for an interesting speaker please call the Nature Center at 410-887-1815.