Speaker Series and Nature Book Club
Both of these programs require advance registration which can be done online at: www.OregonRidgeNaureCenter.WildApricot.org
The Speakers Series programs are held at 7:00 p.m. on the third Monday of January, March, April, May, September, October and November. Our speakers give presentations on a wide range of nature related subjects. These talks are Free and either take place online via zoom or in-person at the Nature Center (check the program descriptions for details).
The Nature Book Club meets on Mondays 8 times a year at 7:00 p.m. The schedule for the year and choice of books to be read and discussed are set by club members in the Fall. This is a Free program and will either take place online via zoom or in-person. Weather permitting, we will use a pavilion for a safe in-person gathering.
If you would like to speak or have a suggestion for an interesting speaker please contact the Nature Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ORNC Council Speaker Series
- 9/19/22 Climate change: Already in your neighborhood; Sara Via, Ph.D (Zoom)
- 10/17/22 Introduction to Nature Informed Therapy; Zoe Jack, LMSW (Lake Pavilion)
- 11/21/22 Coming Climate Crisis and What You Can Do; David Saunders (Zoom)
- 1/16/23 Taming the anxious brain with nature in mind: The power of nature informed mental health; Heidi Schreiber-Pan, Ph.D., LCPC (Nature Center)
- 3/20/23 TBD
- 4/17/23 Climate Change; Brian D. Fath, Ph.D
- 5/15/23 Alice Volpitta, Baltimore Harbor Waterkeeper.
Nature Book Club
- 1/24/22 Pilgrim at Tinker Creek; Annie Dillard
- 3/7/22 World of Wonders; Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- 4/11/22 Lab Girl; Hope Jahren
- 5/23/22 I Contain Multitudes; Ed Yong
- 7/11/22 Owls Of the Eastern Ice; Jonathan Slaght
- 8/22/22 The Story of the Earth in 25 Rocks; Donald Prothero
- 10/3/22 The Wild Places; Robert Macfarlane
If you would like to speak or have a suggestion for an interesting speaker please call the Nature Center at 410-887-1815.