- Registration for Fall Field Trips open on August 1st.
- Registration for Winter/Spring Field Trips open on November 1st.
Educational Programs are offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for Groups of 15 – 50 students. A limited number of Fridays are available for groups of 15 – 20 students. Programs are 2 hours long and start at 10 a.m. (Pre-school programs are 1 hour long.) All programs are rain or shine and take place both inside and on the grounds of the Nature Center.
Teachers and chaperones must participate in the program and maintain a 10 student / 1 adult ratio. Adults beyond a 10 student / 2 adult ratio must be approved by the Nature Center in advance. If you would like to stay to eat lunch on the grounds, please inquire about our complimentary one-hour use of a Pavilion in advance.
Groups are welcome to tour the Nature Center’s exhibit hall in small groups of 10 – 15 before or after the program. Please let us know in advance if you wish to do this.
Onsite (our place) Programs
- $230 for a 2-hour program; $115 for a 1-hour pre-school program.
- Non-profit discounted rate – $172 for a 2-hour program; $86 for a 1-hour pre-school program.
- Fees are waived for Baltimore County Public Schools; only one waived fee program per school, per school year. (A second waived fee may be granted when necessary to accommodate all students at a particular grade level).
Offsite (your place) Programs – Please note that our availability for offsite programs is very limited and the only program available for an offsite presentation is the Animals and their Habitats Program.
- $172 for a 1-hour program or two 40-minute back-to-back programs for groups of 50 or less.
- Non-profit discounted rate – $115 for a 1-hour program or two 40-minute back-to-back programs for groups of 50 or less.
- Fees are waived for Baltimore County Public Schools; only one waived fee program per school, per school year.
Groups that are not scheduling a program are welcome to visit the Nature Center for a self-led program, but must apply for a Group Gathering Permit. All guidelines (capacity, no access to a pavilion, etc.) for Group Gathering Permits would apply.
Our current offerings are:
- Animals and their Habitats
- Creek to Stream to Bay
- Native Americans
- Insects and their Kin
- Maple Sugaring
- Rocks Rock!
- Predator and Prey
- Reptiles and Amphibians